Saturday, June 5, 2010

I love my job!

Really, I do. I'm not being sarcastic or anything! I wish I could make a living doing this for the rest of my life because it is so much fun. I'm starting to get used to waking up early (which is huge for me) and I look forward to going to work each morning.

I would call my first week a success. We had anywhere from 6-17 kids, which is good considering that most of the schools haven't let out for summer yet. I found my first shark's tooth (which is pathetic since I've lived here for 17 years now) and then I found five more throughout the week. Usually we end up giving them to the kids but I did manage to keep one. I'm a dork, I know. But here it is...

In addition to getting paid for walking on the beach, I also got paid to paint the back of my shirt and take an hour lunch break. There was also one day where we only had a group of five girls so we sat around the table and gossiped. They were making some kind of craft, though, so we were being productive! I'm really bummed that their week at the hotel is up because they were really cool. They gave Shannon and me silly bands so now we can be cool like them. I have a blue dog and a yellow owl so far. I'll have to see how many I can collect when the summer is over. But yes, besides spilling green paint on my new gym shoes, I would say this week has been pretty awesome. Here is one of the shirts I painted. It smeared a little. =(


We had a torrential downpour this week that left our road flooded. If it kept raining for another hour the rain would have made it into our house. The good news is that we needed it and it was sopped up in a matter of hours. The last time it flooded like this Mark got out his skim board.

Mark graduated from high school on Thursday and the grandparents came up for the night. The principal gave almost the exact same speech as she did at mine. Mark didn't look amused at all during the ceremony but I know he is really happy to be done with the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment